(A text composed of questions asked to those whom we have found influential to our studies
N.B. For those without wingdings question 7 was alternatively interpreted)
1. What is the nearest object to you?
2. Where do you draw the line?
Where it crosses the horizon
3. How do you know when you've crossed the line?
When I meet myself in reverse
4. Is it harder to do less?
It's harder to do less well
5. What is curiosity?
Engagement in a state of forgetting
6. Who do you make work for?
Myself, friends, and all who might be inclined to worry about a very difficult road ahead.
7.← or → , ↑ or ↓ ?
8. What should an artwork do?
9. Does your work ASK or ANSWER questions?
Both, though often it's a search for a question
10. "purposefully purposeless"?
11. Why make Art?
Not sure I'm the one to judge.
12. How do you find out what you don't know?
From listening to others. Walking. Imagining the sheer oddity of my contingent assumptions, hewn out of what? As one person among billions, evolved blindly by chance and necessity, on one planet, amongst billions in just one moment in time. In such moments I can sometimes let go of what I know, which is a good starting point to discover what I do not.
13. Do you have a role as an artist?
Not really, thought sometimes a role passes over me.
14. What sustains your practice?
Fear, love, fancy & the laws of thermodynamics
15. How are you doing?
Well, thank you. I hope you are smiling also.